Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Things that make you go hmmmmm

So, I was at the gym last week with my latest MuscleHack inductee. As we were there, a LOT of my "gym buddies" showed up. I do enjoy working out around people I know because those little 1-2 minute convos really add something to your rests between sets!

However, it also beggared the thought that "maybe my training needs have reached a new level?"

I say this because I may have inadvertently started that particular ball rolling when I did my THT 4.0 HIT Experiment last year. However, I've turned up the magnification on my workouts now and I'm going day-by-day and tweaking / adjusting my workout as needed (at least as dictated by my brain).

Something to note here is the fact that after a couple of weeks of literally feeling "less" than my usual self, being on a 3 days of "normal" THT 4.0 3-day Volume and 3 days of "heavy" or "lighter" 3-day Volume seems to be the right stack for me.

Also, being on my protein again seems to be a bonus. I've also stuck fairly regular with a no-sugar pre-workout that seems to give me that extra "boost" needed to smash my heaviest sets at the beginning and still have enough energy left at the end for my finishing sets.

As always, the only way to get what you want is to go UPWARD and ONWARD. I capitalise both of those words for the sheer fact that they're the truth. Anything less than your best simply won't do. Over time, you'll have to adjust what your "best" means for you. If you keep giving your best, you'll get your best possible results.

Lift hard and train smart, my friends!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment