Thursday, December 1, 2011

Week #9 wrap-up notes

This was the penultimate week to my THT 4.0 HIT experiment. I hit my first serious walls - biceps and calves. The way around each is complicated. Biceps - I seem to need to alternate between low-pulley single cable curls and mid-pulley single cable curls.This is meeting with slow success as the weight I'm moving might dictate that I ultimately drop a bit of weight and focus on the motion and cadence. I've had to do this before but not for biceps. The important thing to remember here is that the number, or the weight being moved, does not matter.

The second "wall" is my calves. Again, I'll likely need to drop a bit of weight and make sure I get back to a proper Range of Motion (RoM) but they're also getting quite strong and hitting the right balance of weight and RoM is tricky.

I'm really debating writing the remaining 2 weeks of articles for MuscleHacker this weekend. I just think that I might just publish one last article for weeks 8, 9 and 10.

Oh, and a pic from week 9.


Lately I consider myself lucky, as I seem to just be growing everywhere. It's to the point now that I own several pairs of jeans that I simply cannot wear because my quads don't fit in them. Even today I put on one of my favourite t-shirts for work and it was evident that I can't wear it to work for much longer as I'm a lot bigger than I used to be and it hangs off me - and almost above my waist. OK, one more.


So just remember MuscleHackers - lift hard and train smart. You'll hit your goals every time.

All the best for a great weekend!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment