Tuesday, November 22, 2011

THT 4.0 HIT Experiment Week #7 and Week #8 Notes

Well, it seems the further along that I come during this THT 4.0 HIT experiment, the quicker the time seems to fly by! In truth, Week #8 is also done - but we'll get to that. In the meantime, my observations on Week #7:

Lifting was no harder for me than Week #6, but the mental "load" was greater. Not the first of these things was the fact that I managed to hit 300lbs for bench right at the very end of my week. This mental boost was enough to carry me right through the next week. Today is rest day #2 for me and I'm still amped from the gym.

Full details on Week #7 (and soon, Week #8) can be found on MuscleHacker.com.

Now, for the usual suspects - the pics.


First pics was right after training biceps. Peaked, but couldn't fully flex to show striations.


Second pic is obviously post-everything. One of my recent faves of me, and that's saying a lot because I'm still my own harshest critic.


Third pic is an "unusual" pose for me, which is why I took it.

In the second pic,which is also up on the MuscleHack FB page, an interesting question was posed: am I losing bodyfat? The unscientific answer is "No, or at least I'm not trying to right now". If anything, my carb intake is about the same lately. I'm eating more of all of my macros because I am adding what seems to be slabs of muscle during this experiment cycle and I want to keep it around. I'd wager my abs being more "evident" is because I'm finally training them right again and they're literally exploding in size. As always, this is completely without factual measurements or other evidence - just my own observations.

Week #8 observations: I finally ran into a wall training biceps. I've moved from standing single cabled curls with the pulley at the floor (day 1-2) to standing single cabled curls with the pulley at waist height. This allows me to not worry about getting the weight off of the floor and focus on the RoM and PCP of the exercise. Also, my back is moving nicely and no rocking needed with the weight - MUCH safer. Triceps are moving well on their second go-round with 2-handed pressdowns. Overall, everything is on a roll and I'm stoked for the last 2 weeks of the experiment!

Have a great day MuscleHackers! Lift hard and train smart!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment