Friday, May 6, 2011

THT 3.1 HIT Week #1 Mass Workouts Done

This is where things can tend to get a tad confusing for some folks, and that's understandable. I've decided to go with at least a half-cycle (5 weeks) of Mark's THT 3.1 HIT cycle. This will tide me over until Mark's new free training book, Targeted Hypertrophy Training 4.0 (previously known as Total Anabolism) is released.

After taking the better part of two weeks off, I've been working good and hard at getting back into my proper MuscleHack routines - decent food (except for weekend carb-up days), proper MuscleHack-quality workouts and lots of water. I've also decided to resume my GNC Mega Men's Sport vitapaks while cycling off of creatine for a while. This isn't due to any negative reactions or results. I just like to do shakeups once in a while to keep my body guessing.

I've also decided that this week deserves a little "publicity", so I'm attaching two photos from last night after my second HIT Mass workout of the week. My consolidation workout will be on Saturday (or Sunday). Without further ado...



So, it is entirely possible to eat like crap briefly, lift for maintenance for a week after a week's break and still not lose mass or strength. I was pec deck'ing the equivalent of 250lbs last night, shrugging 305lbs, cable curling 180lbs with two hands, tricep pushdowns were 205lbs, Smith squats should have been 240lbs (did 230), overhead universal press 150lbs, delt lat raises with 55s, rowing 270lbs (dropping that to 250 next week and raising my grip some), wrist rolling 55s, etc etc.

The bottom lne is... and you've heard it before... just keep lifting. The rest will take care of itself.

Have a great weekend folks!

Adam

3 comments:

  1. I'm half way through my first Volume Training Cycle (3.1). I'm looking to the near future, when the HIT cycle starts. My only mental roadblock is what I'm going to do on Tuesday and Thursday. I never - as in never - miss a workout except when on vacation, and even then I take bands and do pullups, pushups, etc. And my workouts have, for 18 years, been M-F starting early AM (5:45 to 6:00). I haven't "slept in" on a work day...ever. Aack!

    BTW, your photos are showing real progress. Awesome! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sammy! Are you finding good overall results on THT Volume? I'll go back and check, but have you posted to the FB fan page? I'd be interested in hearing more about your progress - and so would Mark, I'd wager!

    Thanks for the support! I'll be putting another post up today, but last night's workout was another killer. Good luck!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't posted to the FB page. I plan on taken measurements and weighing in after the Volume program, then again after the THT program.

    ReplyDelete