Monday, February 14, 2011

THT 2.0 Refix week 1 done, thoughts

I promised to publish my thoughts on the new THT 2.0, which I've happily branded the "Refix" version. At first, as I read all of the new articles that Mark had published for THT 2.0, I realized that it had been far too long since I had done the original version of THT 2.0. I honestly couldn't pick out the differences. Having said that, I chose to treat it as an all-new cycle and to beat myself up with it accordingly.

It's funny, it's almost as though I've been MuscleHacking for so long, it all starts to blend together. I'm tracking my progress thanks to Mark's free logs, and recently I've begun marking the finished logs with their end dates. All I know for sure is that I started in the summer of 2009 after healing a nasty ankle injury.

Back on topic, though. THT 2.0 will, without a doubt, kick your ass. Even if you've been MuscleHacking for a while, it will still kick your ass - especially if you transition right in from a HIT-style MuscleHack workout.

The big killers for me are chest and triceps day (which I'm doing today as I'm a day ahead) and shoulders day. Both of them FLOORED me last week. I was just drained after my workouts.

THT 2.0 Refix is a good way to shock your system and really crank up the intensity on your workouts. Leg day yesterday (start of week 2) was brutal. Really brutal. I'm surprised I can walk so easily this morning after last night's game too. 4 on 4 with 1 spare on our team = LOTS of ice time. I definitely "got my cardio in" for the week.

Also, as of Saturday, I was moving nicely without caffeine / coffee to aid me. By Sunday, I had forgotten what coffee was till I went for "coffee" with Amanda. Even sitting here at 6:30AM at work this morning, I had no need for a cup. This is good. I basically kicked 20 years of coffee drinking in 3 days. I paid for it during those 3 days, but it was worth it!

Happy Monday folks - lift safe and hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment