Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week #4 back day done.

This past THT 2.0 Refix back day marks my first major(ish) adjustment of THT 2.0 Refix. The bent-over barbell rows just aren't doing it for me. I feel I get way more out of seated cable rows (narrow grip) and then some bent-over dumbell rows than by doing barbell rows alone.

So, for week #5 of THT 2.0 Refix, I'm actually amping up my back routine. It will be:

  • 3 sets of deadlifts (4-6) reps, as per THT 2.0 Refix.
  • 2 sets of seated cable rows (narrow grip), 1 x 4-6 reps, 1 x 8-12 reps (adapting this from shoulders day)
  • 2 sets of bent-over dumbell rows, 2 x 8-12 reps
My theory is that I can spur the same level of development that I've seen with my shoulders by mimicking the same series of reps in a collection of sets. For shoulders day, your first set of overhead press is 4-6 reps, followed by two more sets of 8-12 reps. That's why I've chosen the above collection for my "new" back day for the next 6 back days to come.

I'm anxious to give this a try next week. I can't wait to see how I do. :)

Have a great weekend all!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment