Saturday, March 19, 2011

Week #6 biceps and abs day - half done

How do you manage to have a "half done" day? It's simple. The incline situp bench that you're on, doing your weighted incline situps with, decides to tip back and eject you and your 80lbs of dumbell on to the gym floor.

I landed on my rear left hip and secondarily on my left ("bad") elbow. Sitting yesterday was not entertaining. At all.

I DID manage to progress in biceps and forearms before my "incident". It was definitely a wicked day for gains and I'm really feeling it in both my biceps and forearms today.

So, needless to say I didn't do much of anything yesterday. I didn't really make it in to work either. I went in briefly to check on the guys and make sure things were level, but that's about it. Most of my day was spent standing up as that was my least-painful position. Obviously shoulders day went by the wayside. Today, or tomorrow, will be a combination of shoulders and back in a double-up day. Whether I can do legs on Monday remains to be seen.

All in all, one of my worst weeks since starting any type of THT training. I'm glad it's mostly over and that I'm starting to feel a little recovered from my injuries.

Injuries suck, kids. Be safe when you lift.

I, for one, will no longer be doing incline weighted situps unless I can find a longer bench that can counterweight me a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment